Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Donuts!

 Aside from those powdered-sugar-coated-packaged donuts and some Entemann's-style boxed ones at the Galley (which I don't think should count), we don't have any donuts on the island.  Yesterday though, the commissary got some glazed donuts in the bakery section.  Vic spotted them but didn't buy any!  What!?!?!?  He told me about it while I was shopping today and proceeded to tell me that they were all sold out.  Why oh why would he tell me that!?  I was broken-hearted for the kids knowing that they would have been so excited and that I would have been a hero if I had come home with a box.  But, lo and behold, as he and I scanned the shelves, there was ONE box left!  Yippee!  Straight into my cart it went.  I am a hero after all!!!

If you're reading this from gtmo, no need to come knocking...the box is empty and a donut is happily in each of our tummies...and some of our tummies may even have two.  =)

2 comments:

  1. This is so funny! I could hear your voice while I was reading this.:) I'm glad you had some donuts, and were the hero!! I have learned how to make them. They come out very good too. We still buy them at the store, though. It is a lot of work, but so yummy!! Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I will need the recipe then! =) email me

    ReplyDelete