...and buses and ferries.
That is exactly how our trip went. Here is a quick overview of all the transportation modes that were required to make our trip possible.
- Drive to Ferry Landing
- Take the ferry across Guantanamo Bay to the Leeward side of the island (we live on Windward)
- Take a bus from ferry landing to the air terminal
- Plane from gtmo to Jacksonville NAS
- Another bus from Jacksonville NAS to a hotel near Jacksonville International Airport
- Spend the night at the hotel
- Hotel shuttle to the airport
- Plane from Jacksonville to Baltimore
- Plane from Baltimore to Denver
- Train from the terminal to the baggage claim
- Shuttle from baggage claim to car rental
- Rent a vehicle, drive 4 hours to our destination
Total travel time: approximately 36 hours
Stayed in Colorado for 11 days, drove about 1,000 miles and stayed in 6 different locations.
Then we repeated 1-12 in reverse order to make the trip home.