- I don't know anyone when I go places. In gtmo, while I don't know everyone everywhere I go, I do know at least someone everywhere I go.
- I felt very annoyed with cell phones and texting at first. Now I've gotten used to it again, but honestly, I don't think it will be something that I will miss upon returning to the island.
- It has been cold! Now, granted, we did go to one of the coldest spots in the nation and experienced negative 30 degree weather but I have to admit that I even felt cold when we arrived in Jacksonville with 55 degree temps.
- DVR is something that I have missed! Fast-forwarding through commercials and being able to record a show while not home is such a nice luxury.
- I forgot how fast the internet can be! Going back to the slower gtmo internet will be something that I will have to get used to again.
- Being with friends and family felt really good. I wish I could gather everyone that I love into one place and keep them there with me.
- Driving over 25 mph felt downright scary for the first day or two. In fact, I had a very difficult time driving 55 in a 65 zone. When cars started piling up behind me, I quickly decided that using the cruise control was a good idea.
Friday, January 18, 2013
We've been in the states for nearly two weeks and we will return to Guantanamo Bay within the next week. We have had a grand time and are so thankful that we've been able to make this trip. Here are a few quick observations about our trip: